Tuesday, November 27, 2012

ALL ABOUT APPS...

iPads in the Classroom

Edudemic is an organization that I follow on Twitter.  The website always has interesting articles on everything about technology.  As you can see in my blog, there is a wealth of information on Apps for every subject and lifestyle in life.  Apps are becoming very popular in the classroom.  There are very convenient in teaching and learning.  I think the Mobile apps are a great tool for students, since every child practically has one, why not download some educational tools to enrich their learning.  I found several interesting articles on different apps to utilize in the classroom.  The article, 10 Must Have Apps for the Classroom has some great educational apps for the classroom.  I love them all, however, I will only describe four of them and you make sure you check out the other ones, I have.

1. Study Blue- This app helps students review and take practice tests.  The students can create online flashcards to study classwork.  http://www.studyblue.com

2. Fotobabble- This app helps students demonstrate their understanding of lesson concepts by allowing them to use pictures and a voice recording.  In math, they can take a picture of the problem and record the steps involved to solve it. http://www.fotobabble.com

3. Evernote- This app helps students with their creativity and organization.  Students can create a digital file to hold all of their class assignments, projects, and notes. http://evernote.com

4. Fakebook- This is an educational form of Facebook.  This app is a collection of online digital tools and resources for the classroom, teachers, and students. http://www.classtools.net/fb/home/page

Check This Out!!!

Here's another article by Edudemic about some apps(itunes by Apple), that teach math concepts: http://edudemic.com/2012/00/7-apps-that-teach-math-concepts/

The 25 Most Used Mobile Apps in Education: http://edudemic.com/2012/10/most-used-Mobile-apps-education/

Honorable Mention: Edudemic Magazine has an app that features news rundowns, in-depth research, and a list of recommended apps... just to name a few.

Twitter References
The 25 Most Used Mobile Apps In Education @Edudemic ow.ly/fjGck
20 Educational Apps Approved By Parents @Edudemic fb.me/12OJ53DY
30 Recommended Apps For Online Students @Edudemic ow.ly/fdDVO

5 comments:

  1. Edwina,
    Hey! I also like edudemic it is a great resource. Also, evernote looks like a great app. I think it is improtant to teach students about the importance of organization and now "there's an app for that". Guess there truly is a App for everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Edwina,
    I like edudemic too! It has so much to offer teachers who want to integrate technology into lessons. I thought the same think Candice did about the evernote app. As soon as I saw it, I thought "I need that"! I have to make myself notes for everything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the links that you have. The evernote looks like an app that would be beneficial for students as well as adults. The fakebook app looks interesting too. I think students would enjoy this app, especially shy or socially awkward students.These students would probably feel less intimidated and come out of their shell. All of your links would be very useful for students.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought the fake book app is something cool that students would be super interested in due to the social media push that is going thru schools at such an early age these days! It would be a great way students would actually be engaged in the process of studying and reporting on different events and characters.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think these are some really neat apps. I can see students being really interested in the fakebook app. I think that I would also be interested in using it for the resources. the fotobabble is neat too. I think that it would help the lower level students with math,

    ReplyDelete